Objective: A fulltime position as Windows Server System Engineer or Exchange Administrator where I can leverage my expertise in collaboration and communication.
CEB, Alpharetta, GA Engineer
September 2013 – February 2017
Exchange and Enterprise Vault subject matter expert for 4,000 employee best practices firm. Support Windows infrastructure including monitoring systems via Systems Center Operations Manager (SCOM) and patching via System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM).
Upgraded and migrated existing Enterprise Vault infrastructure and rolled out Enterprise Vault for all employees world-wide in new clustered system using Windows 2012 R2 Failover Clusters and Cluster Shared Volumes storage. Supported File Servers, DNS, and ProofPoint Protection Server for SPAM blocking. Managed virtual machines hosted on VMWare ESXi via vSphere client and vCenter. Helped facilitate data center consolidation of 7 data centers into 6 new data centers with standard architecture and redundancy.
Case-Mate, Atlanta, GA Systems Administrator
September 2012 – February 2013
Provided IT planning and support for two Atlanta locations and global sites. Set up IT infrastructure at new warehouse and distribution center from the ground up, including cabling, server room setup, purchasing racks and cabinets and procuring and setting up network connectivity. Managed all IT purchasing for 200 person company. Managed network, mobile device account, Cisco IP Telephony, Cisco CCX, Telepresence, and WebEx. Maintained server and network infrastructure.
BlackBerry /Research In Motion, Alpharetta, GA Systems Administrator
November 2009 – August 2012
System Administrator for 250 person site with lab, server rooms, and data center. Supported IBM Blade Servers, Cisco routers and switches, and HP Proliant servers. Installed and managed VMware ESXi and vCenter. Created and managed virtual servers running Windows and Linux for lab. Racked and cabled servers and network equipment, providing cabling diagrams, and cable labeling per industry standards. Local IT contact for vendors including AT&T, Verizon, NetApp, Cisco, IBM, Lenovo, HP, and Canon. Managed ITIL change management process for IT, including liaison between IT and data center facilities. Assisted in Cisco Telepresence installation.
Presidio Networked Solutions, Norcross, GA Senior Network Administrator
February, 1998 – December 2008
Email and application architect for 850 users. System administration for Lotus Notes, Exchange, IronPort, Sametime, Websphere Application server, Websphere Portal Server, Apache Web server, and Blackberry Enterprise Server. Migrated company to Exchange and Outlook. Rolled out Live Communication Server, Blackberry Enterprise Server for Exchange, and Symantec Enterprise Vault. Supported backup and disaster recovery using Veritas Netbackup.
GE Capital IT Solutions, Norcross GA Lotus Notes System Administrator
November 1996 – January 1998
Email Administrator for over 12,000 users. Coordinated with global Lotus Notes admin team for replication of applications and rollout and support of Sales Force Automation application. Additional duties included support liaison to SAP implementation team including supervision of four contract staff for day-to-day issues. Assisted with Exchange rollout and Outlook support.
MetLife, Atlanta GA Lotus Notes System Administrator
December 1995 – November 1996
Performed system administrative tasks for user community of over 30,000. Responsibilities included monitoring and troubleshooting mail flow, database replication, performing system upgrades. Traveled to MetLife locations to merge Lotus Notes domains into the corporate system.
Beloit College, Beloit Wisconsin BA Sociology.
University of Rochester - William E. Simon Graduate School of Business Administration. Courses taken towards MBA.
Key Skills List:
- Fluent in ITIL IT Service Management methodology including Change Management, Incident Management, Problem Management, and SLA management. Have supported ITIL using Remedy and HP Service Manager. Able to quantify IT success using metrics such as key performance indicators.
- Subject matter expert in Microsoft server technologies including Windows Server, Windows Failover Clustering, Systems Center Operations Manager (SCOM), System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM).
- Supported virtualized environment built on Cisco UCS blade serve chassis with EMC storage, and VMWare.
- Email tools and protocols supported include SMTP MTAs, TLS Encryption, SPF DNS records, ProofPoint Protection Server, MessageLabs, IronMail, F5 load balancers.
- Experienced system administrator for Veritas NetBackup, Active Directory, TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, FTP, and Unix / Linux systems. Expert in setup, troubleshooting, upgrade, and support of Microsoft Exchange, Lotus Notes and Domino, Symantec Enterprise Vault, Blackberry Enterprise Server (BES, and BAS) as well as support of ActiveSync. Tenacious troubleshooter able to logically follow clues and resolve issues.
- Set up new warehouse network including cabling, network connectivity, server room racks and cabinets, firewall, and servers.
- Purchased all IT equipment for 200 employee company including software, servers, and desktop computers.
Certifications and Industry Training:
Certified IBM Lotus Domino System Administrator
Vendor training includes VMware vSphere, Microsoft Exchange System Administration, Windows Server System Administration, Network Security, Solaris System Administration, and American Management Association’s course in IT Project Management.