Microsoft Exchange 2010, available in beta, will have some new features of interest to IT departments and users alike.
Here is a good visual tour of Exchange 2010 from Infoworld.com. Some of the hightlights.
- Voicemail previews, with automatic transcription of voicemails.
- Outlook Web Access will support Firefox and Safari, instead of just Internet Explorer
- Improved delivery report information, including more information when using Exchange Server.
- Exchange Control Panel will let users control their own settings such as cell phone number, which used to require AD access to change.
- Improved searches, multi-mailbox searches, ability to send search results to another mailbox as a folder.
Here is the Exchange 2010 Beta page from Microsoft.com.